2022 Ford Explorer Specs & Review
2022 Ford Explorer Specs are finally here! The newest Explorer model is set to be unveiled at the New York International Auto Show. This new vehicle will provide more space, fuel efficiency, and a more ergonomic interior. The latest iteration of the Ford Explorer will offer three different engine options; two EcoBoost engines that offer six-speeds with 8-speed automatic transmission and a 3.5L V6 engine that delivers a 10-speed automated manual transmission. Here are the Ford Explorer Specs & Reviews
- Base engine: A base engine is a turbocharged four-cylinder gasoline engine. The only machine of this type in the Ford Explorer is a 3.5L V6 EcoBoost that produces 310HP and 380 lbs.-ft. Of torque (at 2000 rpm). This is enough hp to get the F150 Raptor, which has been restricting the torque out at 381 lbs.-ft. Due to its rear-wheel drive layout, the 2022 ford explorer limited can tow up to 7,500 pounds and haul up to 875 pounds of cargo. The Ford Explorer, with a drivetrain consisting of an EcoBoost engine, produces 21 MPG in the city and 24 MPG on the highway. With a 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine producing 200hp and 260 lbs.-ft. Of torque (at 2000 rpm), it can have 25 MPG in the city and 28 on the highway.
- Premium engine: The Ford Explorer in the standard version offers a 3.5L V6 engine. The only available transmission for this engine is a 6-speeds version with an automatic transmission. This engine is capable of providing 325 lbs.-ft. This is enough torque (at 2000 rpm) to tow up to 8,000 pounds and haul up to 1,600 pounds of cargo due to its rear- wheel drive layout—the Ford Explorer with a drivetrain consisting of the 3. However, the ford explorer 2022 can provide 30 MPG in the city and 32 MPG on the highway. Accordingly, the 2022 ford explorer XLT can offer 24 MPG in the city and 27 on the road, with a 2.3L Ecoboost engine providing 250hp and 270 lbs.-ft. of torque (at 2000 rpm).
- Sport version: The Sport version has a 3.5L V6 twin-turbocharged engine offering 400 lbs.-ft. of torque and 445HP at 6000 rpm. This is the most powerful engine of the new Ford Explorer. This engine model offers a ten-speed automated manual transmission that helps the Sport version reach 60 mph in 5.5 seconds while offering 20 MPG in the city and 25 MPG on the highway. The ford explorer limited is provided with a 2.3L Ecoboost engine producing 250hp and 270 lbs.-ft. Of torque (at 2000 rpm). This version can reach 60 mph in 5.9 seconds, while the limited version only achieves 18 MPG in the city and 23 on the highway.
- Features: The Ford Explorer offers a lot of improvements from its previous versions, as well as many fun features to be used on the road. The most notable one is the Adaptive Cruise Control with stop and goes that help motorists drive safely at the speed limits without any risk of tickets from police cars. The Pre-collision assist with pedestrian detection feature alerts drivers to stop when it detects pedestrians in front of the vehicle. Accordingly, the 2022 ford explorer interior is much more comfortable and ergonomic than the previous version. The 2nd-row seat is offered in the rear-wheel drive layout, which has much room in the cargo area, with enough space for six passengers and their luggage.
- Safety features: The Ford Explorer has many safety features to protect users. The most notable safety feature is the Emergency braking system with pedestrian detection, which also offers a blind spot monitoring feature. Also, the vehicle is equipped with complete electronic stability control (ESC), road departure management, and a rear cross-traffic alert that prevents another car from colliding with it if one approaches from behind. The ford explorer has a standard rearview camera that shows the driver what’s going in front and behind their vehicle. The ford explorer 2022 interior is equipped with many entertainment features, like a 10-inch screen for front passengers, 4G LTE WiFi internet connectivity, 12 speakers with subwoofer, and Bluetooth capability. The Explorer offers an all-wheel drive layout and traction control to provide maximum performance under road conditions.
- Models & Pricing: The Ford Explorer comes in three different models. The base model is the XLT, which offers a 2.3L Ecoboost engine with a six-speed automatic transmission, a front-wheel drive layout, and 18-inch aluminum wheels. The center model is the Limited, which offers a 2.3L Ecoboost engine with a 10-speed automated manual transmission, an all-wheel drive layout, and 19-inch wheels. The ford explorer specs of the top model are the Sport, which offers a 3.5L V6 twin-turbocharged engine with a 10-speed automatic transmission, an all-wheel drive layout, and 20-inch wheels. The base model of the Ford Explorer 2022 price starts at $31,120, whereas the Limited version of this vehicle costs $41,090, and the Sport edition costs $44,100.
Overall the 2022 Ford Explorer vehicle is a great and innovative crossover SUV from the American automaker. This vehicle offers many features, driving, and safety technologies that attract customers to buy this new car. The 2022 ford explorer reviews are the best choice if you are looking for a vehicle with all-wheel drive. However, the Ford Ranger is a great truck, while the F150 Raptor is one of the best vehicles ever in the American automaker.